Sunday, February 17, 2008

For Mama and Papa

How hard is it to let go , and let your loved ones go ahead and make a mistake,so they learn their lesson from it? I never realised until recently, how much i learnt in life bcos of all the freedom my parents gave me...They placed all their trust in me and let me do whatever i wanted to,i tried each and everything i laid my interest on,made some irreversible mistakes,made a fool out of myself countless times,only, to learn some invaluble lessons in life...Lessons that i cudn't have learnt from advices or in classrooms...
Today i find,I'm confident to go out anywhere and do anything,i know no fear of trying new things,and all that is because my parents let go....let me make my mistakes and learn from them. Never once did they ridicule me for trying something i am not good at.No matter how badly i failed i always knew i could come back to their open arms and be praised for giving it a try.
I know,as parents, how hard it must have been for them to give me all the freedom I'm enjoying now,and i really admire them for it...
Mama and Papa this is for both of you,you have been my role models ever since I have known the meaning of the word....Papa i have always admired your commitment towards the family,your straight forwardness and concern for everybody around you,Mama i admire the way you took on the challenge of raising us three teenagers,with papa being so far away,bearing with our mood swings and tantrums,also,the way you instilled the love for each other in us and made sure we realised our responsibilities...The love you both have for each other has not escaped our eyes either, we are lucky to have parents like you!
Love you loads :)

4 comments:

Trunx said...

ju ju ju ju.... what a touching story.... u got my shirt wet..:)

S.Sajith Mohideen said...

Lucky you, like everyone else.. No parent would ridicule their children for their mistakes.. Its very rare now-a-days that parents let their daughters to do whatever they wish.. You'r one among the lucky girls..

And you also said that you'r confident to go out anywhere.. What about a coffee this Sunday..?

fefe said...

:) ha ha ha ha ha ha!!Stop pulling my leg about tht da! U know wht i meant!

fefe said...

:) that goes for trunx too..Thank you for taking time and reading it..